How to Apply
Any 501(C)(3) charitable agency that provides human services to the greater Grinnell community can apply for United Way funding.
How to Apply for Grinnell United Way Funding
- Identify how United Way funding can help your organization help people.
- Complete the Application for Funding and submit it by the deadline. The application period will open in spring 2016.
- In June, the United Way Board of Directors meets to determine its funding priorities, set its campaign budget, and review agency applications.
- In July we’ll notify you about whether we have fulfilled your funding request.
- If you would like to talk with us about your funding level, you can schedule an appointment during our budget hearing in July.
- We disburse to agencies twice per year on December 31 and July 1.
Rules & Policies
- Your application must be complete.
- You may not perform your own fundraising campaign or activities during the United Way campaign October 1 to November 15.
- If asked, you must agree to help out with fundraising campaign activities (e.g. submitting promotional stories or photos and providing volunteers to assist with campaign events).
- You must give Grinnell United Way credit for funding your organization by including the United Way logo and/or statement of sponsorship on your promotion and information materials. Ask a board member if you have questions about this.